September 28, 2008

Vive la Musica

I had intended to bring my guitar to South Korea all along, but when it came down to packing time (i.e. the night before) I realized that I would need to take another suitcase as my second piece of luggage instead. It was either that or choose to bring the guitar and buy a lot of stuff when I got here, which seemed a bit foolish, as I already owned the aforementioned "stuff" in Canada. So the guitar was lovingly placed in storage, near the front of the cubby, where ma petite soeur can find it if she needs to, and I came to this new land with my tiny irish penny whistle as my only musical outlet. Oh, and my opera voice, of course! But I did slip in a set of new strings, a few guitar pics, and my little tuner for when my ears aren't working. How delighted was I to discover today, that my new friends Dan and Lindsay happened to have a random guitar at their flat, which no one was using! It had been left by previous teachers and needed... new strings! I am now happily strumming away on the freshly-strung instrument pictured above. The wandering minstrel is back in business. (My punk rock career is totally going to take off this year!)

No comments: