September 30, 2009

Books. Books. Books.



i read books. not many, just a few books.
there are 1061 books in my house.
there are 274 books in my room and 787 books in my brother's room.
i counted all the books.
it took me 30 minutes.
my father and brother like books.
this year they bought 134 books.
my brother's room looks like a library...

... hilarious excerpt from a student's journal this week!

Speaking of books, what are YOU reading?
On my shelf these dayz...

1. In Defense of Food: An Eater's Manifesto by Michael Pollan
2. A Long Way Gone: Memoirs of a Boy Soldier by Ishmael Beah
3. Under The Overpass by Mike Yankoski
4. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland: Through the Looking-Glass by Lewis Carroll
5. The Soul of Rumi: A New Collection of Estatic Poems by Rumi

And true to scatterbrained form, I'm reading them ALL, at once, in bits and pieces...

7 comments:

KMC said...

I love reading too. I've been taking a break from my usual, pretty serious, historical fiction and reading "The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency" series by Alexander McCall Smith. I only have one more book left in the series. I like these books because they are light, and funny and also remind me of my time in South Africa. They're set in Botswana but some of the words and things are similar!

In other news we're planning on coming over there relatively soon!!! I can't wait to leave this place and start a new adventure. How are you doing? How's life? We should chat soon on skype!

candace said...

Hahaha i GET you. i do. ;p

The books I'M reading all at once are:

1. In Defense of Food: An Eater's Manifesto by Michael Pollan
2. Simply Christina by N.T. Right
3. Tribes by Seth Godin
4. Grapes of Wrath by John Steinback
5. A New Kind of Christian by Brian McLaren
6. Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
7. Captain Corelli's Mandolin by Louis de

think i need to cut back...or focus on ONE?

Fi McNab said...

can... "simply christina" by n.t. wright? interesting... ;0)

nah, just go with the flow, i'd say.
read 'em all!

kathryn, so stoked you're heading this way! catch up with you soon!!!

candace said...

mwhhahaha! thats funny! 'simply chritina' sounds like a very different book from the one i meant to put there...ehemmmm 'Simply Chritian'

.x

Anonymous said...

Just finished The Shipping News...really enjoyed it...now to go back to my other two "current" reads: Organic Church by Neil Cole and The Ragamuffin Gospel by Brennan Manning..both very good
:)
Love Mom

julia said...

I AM reading:
fundamentals of Nursing
Memmler's Structure of the Human Body... and lots of other nursing books.

I just FINISHED:

To Own A Dragon- Donald Miller and John MacMurray
Deafening- Frances Itani

I'm ABOUT to read:

Songs of the Humpback Whale- Jodi Picoult (for the 2nd time).

sheil said...

Becoming Human by Jean Vanier
check it out!