Ever feel like one man in a battle?
Ever feel like one tear in a million?
I stumbled upon this music vid today, and was mega inspired! How refreshing to remember that small kindnesses matter, that the choices we make everyday do effect change in the world around us, and that the sacrifices we make for the benefit of another are like beacons of light. Sometimes the giants of social injustice, poverty, and global responsibility loom in my face, threatening to overwhelm me with their enormity. Sometimes I get discouraged by the brokenness in me and all around me, and find myself immobilized by fear. By my smallness. By feelings of inadequacy. And yet... we are who we choose to be. We can choose to look the other way, or choose to walk in the way we know to be true. I was genuinely encouraged by this dude's song today... hope you enjoy it too!
Now presenting, Luke Thompson, from New Zealand...
(yay New Zealand!)




2 comments:
OH miss Fi...I loved the tunes I love the words...yours and the sweet Kiwis
blogged too!
Hey Fiona, I can really relate to the little bit you wrote before the video. When I was in Thailand on my first missions trip I remember standing at the top of one of the Buddhist temples (when we first arrived we did a temple tour to become familiar with the religious bondage of the country). I looked out over the Bangkok and I felt hopeless. I could see so many slums immediately surrounding the temples and the temples were ornate with gold. I thought "how can I make a difference in this place, being young, being a female, being a foreigner..". I really felt God speaking to me that day though, telling me that even if one person came to love Christ then it was worth it. I wasn't there to change the whole country, but I was there to show Christ, even if it was to only one person. I just thought I'd share this with you as it came to my mind when I was reading your post!
-kathryn
Post a Comment